BSc BA ADP English Essay Why Hobbies are important? / My Hobby / How do I Spend My Leisure Time With Outline & Quotations

BSc BA ADP FSc ICS FA ICom English Essay Why Hobbies are important? / My Hobby / How do I Spend My Leisure Time With Outline & Quotations Essay Notes Online Taleem Ilmi Hub

BSc BA FSc ICS FA ICom English Essay Why Hobbies are important? / My Hobby / How do I Spend My Leisure Time


If you want to view Essays on other Topics Please Click Here.

To view Quotations for Essays. Click Here.

Outline

1. Introduction

  • Hobby is a useful and time spending activity
  • There are many hobbies

2. Why do hobbies are adopted?

  • Leisure time activities
  • Gardening is my favorite hobby

3. My garden

  • Many plants and vegetables
  • I have planted few fruits

4. Why hobby is important for me?

  • It looks very fine and pleasant
  • It proves good exercise for me

5. Conclusion

Essay:

“Happy is the man, who is living by his hobby.”    (George Bernard Shaw)

The word ‘Hobby’ is derived from ‘Hobby Horse’ which is a stick fitted with a wooden horse and on which small children ride for their amusement. So, hobby is a useful word which can be taken up during leisure. Hobby means a useful work in which one takes interest and gets pleasure by doing it in spare time without any monetary benefits. This occupation is quite apart from the regular work. There are many hobbies like gardening, stamp-collecting, coin-collecting, photography, reading, etc. which one adopts according to one’s taste and purse. Everyone must have one or the other hobby. It differs from man to man according to his taste.

It is a leisure hour activity. Though I have not much time to spare but still I do have a hobby. Gardening is my favourite hobby through which I can see Nature and enjoy it. Nature is a true guide of man. Wordsworth contends that Nature never betrays anyone who loves her. We have a small piece of land in front of our house. It was a barren piece of land. I turned it into a small garden. I daily water the plants that I have grown there.

“The love of gardening is a seed, once sown that never dies.” (Gertrude Jekyll)

There are flower beds on one side where I have grown rose, sunflower, marigold and tulip. On the other side I have grown some vegetables like brinjals, potatoes, peas, carrots, radish, green chilies and mint etc. We seldom purchase any vegetables from the market. I have planted few fruits also. The sweet fragrance of the flowers serves as a tonic for my body and thus relives me of becoming a prey to some disease.

“The greatest fine art of the future will be making of a comfortable living from a small piece of land.” (Abraham Lincoln)

Whosoever visits our house is very pleased to see this small garden. My friends praise me when they see my garden. It looks very fine with various flowers and vegetables. My parents also give me suggestions to improve fertility of the soil. They are proud of my hobby. It is pleasant past time. It pleases my eyes as well as my heart. It is profitable hobby. Vegetables grown in my garden save much of my father’s money. Moreover we get fresh vegetables. People of nearby houses sometimes come to take flowers to offer them one some suspicious occasions like marriage, birthday parties, mundane ceremonies etc.

Gardening provides me a good exercise for the day. It keeps me healthy, happy and fresh for the day’s labour. Gardening is my sincere friend and inspires me whenever I am in a depressed mood. Whenever I cast a glance over my small garden and see the beautiful flowers my heart blossoms. I have won a few prized in flower show exhibitions. I am proud of my garden. It is really an interesting hobby. It also keeps me physically fit. In hobby, one sucks pleasure, feels relaxed and mentally eased. Hobby removed the monotony and melancholy of mind.

“A thing of beauty is a joy forever.” (John Keats)


Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post